Monday, February 15, 2010

Times They are A Changing

So, the couple of you who actually pause to browse this blog may be wondering: Picky, where 'ya been?

It's been a CRAZY couple of months!! Good crazy, but C-R-A-Z-Y!

In the last month and a half, I have been promoted at work, welcomed a new member into my extended family (Hi Abby!), rejoiced as my formerly "retired" boyfriend got a new job, got a new personal cell phone and cell phone plan, got a new work Blackberry, and last, but not least, bought a new laptop to replace the dinosaur that I had from 2002. I am typing on it now, and though it's a nice, new change, even the new keyboard is taking some getting used to. Add into the mix several family birthdays and events with the kiddos and you can imagine how it's been.

But I'm not complaining. I am happy with all the change. It's just a lot to adjust to when it all happens at once.

I keep missing calls from work because I cannot figure out how to answer the new work phone. I am learning to adjust to my new five day (sometimes 6) work week (as are the boys). I haven't read a book in over a month (unheard of for me), and I have a list of errands a mile long on this first PTO day I've taken in months. But heck. I'm already planning the next big life changes.

So, I will keep my hands and feet in the ride at all times, I will hold the lap bar across by belly, and I will enjoy the roller coaster that has become my life. Wheeee!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your promotion!! I had no idea. Does this get you any closer to getting your own place? Can we start looking for you in P-town?

    Sorry, getting a little ahead of myself. Very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so peppy!

    Bottle that up and mail me some!

    Congrats to boyfriend and yourself on jobs well done!

    Can't wait to attend the next life change.

    ReplyDelete