Thursday, October 8, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

A friend's Facebook status got me revisiting a topic my sister and I used to love gabbing about on the phone. A high school friend used her status to "confess" her secret love for Miley's "Party in the USA" single. It's her guilty pleasure. Just like Girly Stuff admits she can't look away from "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant."



What are your guilty pleasures? You know you have them.



We all do. The t.v. show your significant other teases you for watching. The song you only listen to when you're alone in the car. The movie you secretly enjoy, but won't admit it to your friends because they all think it is the dumbest film ever made. Trashy t.v. or junk reading that is not considered "cultured."



So it's confession time. I'll go first. I'm not shy. There is no judging on this blog.



Let's each list three of our Guilty Pleasures. Then they're out of the closet, out on the table, and in full view. Who knows? Maybe we're all secretly enjoying the same stuff. Then we can share our guilty pleasures with each other, even if we hide them from everybody else :)



Picky's Guilty Pleasures

1.) Cheaters: If you haven't seen it, it's the show where Mr. Cool himself, Joey Greco, exposes cheaters to their significant others who already suspected something was up to call the show in the first place. I despise cheaters (and I can openly say this, because I am not nor will I ever be in their club), so maybe I feel more than just a little bit of moral superiority sitting back and watching them get their just desserts. And of course I feel sorry for the people that are cheated on, but some of the scenarios are just so unbelievably trashy and strange that I can't look away. Last week we saw some dude's girlfriend interupt his wedding to a fiance' the girlfriend didn't even know existed. And the way Joey Greco is so overly dramatic. Love it.

2.) Hollywood Gossip Rags: Crush teases me all the time about my love for celebrity magazines, but if I leave one lying around when he's over, I will usually find him flipping through it and making fun of the stories (that he's pretending not to read). People, Star, Us. I used to subscribe to a few (which, I know is cheaper), but now I look forward to my Friday ritual of dragging Crush to the store to pick up my new week's reading.

3.) Destiny's Child: BFF knows my secret love for Beyonce' and the gang. Back at my house, this was my favorite cleaning/dancing with the mop music. Can't explain it. Not usually my type of music at all, but I cannot listen to Bootyliscious without getting up to shake my own.



O.k. Your turn.



And if anyone could give BFF tips on how to post her comments that would be very helpful. She's dying to join the party, but we can't figure out how to get her posting.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a hard one, b/c I don't feel much guilt about my pleasures. You know I love my gossip...especially my reality tv gossip. I watch stupid shows like The Girls Next Door and Eastbound and Down. I guess computer time is my biggest vice. Is that too boring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First...BFF should just open a google account and use it to comment. It is probably the easiest way.

    Guilty pleasures:

    Taking a shower and getting in PJ's by 7pm...ok...6:30pm.

    Jon and Kate

    value sized sweet tea from Chic Fil A

    But I don't feel guilt about them...just shame!

    I liked this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I do like "put a ring on it"

    But I had NO idea about your Beyonce love!

    But I did just download me some Black Eyed Peas today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Lionel Richie-Although, the older I get the less guilty I feel about this one.
    2) Jon & Kate
    3) 4th meal

    ReplyDelete