Thursday, October 1, 2009

Boo's Birthday



My baby turned four a few weeks ago. I can't believe it. He was just in the Terrible Two's like last week. O.k., he's been in the TT's since he was one and half, but still...



He had a great party at Incredible Pizza. We were honestly there for over five hours. I kid you not. The party began at 12:30pm, and Crush, the boys and I
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y hauled our tired bodies to the car at almost 6!


If you've never been to Incredible Pizza, it's like Chucky Cheese times 10. They have the pizza and token-fed video games, but they also have go-carts, bumper cars, bowling, miniature golf, and a bouncy for toddlers all under one roof. And no singing mechanical rat. Bonus!

There were several reasons we ended up staying so long. Of course, it was Boo's birthday, and we were having a really good time. And oddly enough, Crush's cousin's daughter was having a birthday party at that same place right after ours, so we got to enjoy some time with his family too. But there's another reason I think we stayed and tried almost every activity Incredible Pizza had to offer. Weird as it might sound, I think Crush and I were making up for lost time.

We had crushes on each other way back in the ninth grade. We talked a few times on the phone, wrote a few notes back and forth, and then...nothing. Neither one of us (nor the note from me that he has kept all these years) has an explanation for why we went our separate ways, but I really think we spent the afternoon of Boo's birthday having some of the dates we never had as teenagers. We bowled. We played putt-putt. We raced go-carts. We competed at ski-ball. And the whole time, with the boys by our sides, we had a blast!

And now, in honor of Boo turning four, I have four of my favorite Boo sayings:
1.) Mommy, I love you really loud!
2.) That is very in-tres-ting!
3.) That's what I'm talking about, Lady!
4.) Ok, I've decided to let my teeth fall out.










2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time! Nothing like having your first, second, and third dates all at once!

    Wish I had been there...the boys always have fun playing together!

    When should I make Boo's denture appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I am sorry I missed that! The little guys are in for some fun double dates with you two as parental figures.

    He saved the note, huh? This was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete