Friday, September 11, 2009

Fridays

Have I ever mentioned that Friday is my favorite day of the week?

I am lucky enough to have a four day work week. The ten hour work days can be tough at times, but Fridays off make it so worth it.

When Crush and I started dating in January, Fridays became our day. We nap, take walks, go out to eat, or just run errands, but we always spend them together. It's funny how even the most ordinary of tasks, say doctors' appointments or grocery shopping, become fun when we laugh through them together.

Today was a typical fun Crush and Picky Friday. We started with a nap. We had a nice Chinese lunch, and then went shopping for Boo's birthday, which is Sunday. Crush went with me to pick the boys up from school, and we came home and played with the kids until Crush had to go home. Doesn't sound that exciting on paper, but we had an absolute blast!! We just really enjoy our Fridays.

And now, a Picky Shopping Tip: The party store is a great place to get fun, inexpensive birthday gifts for young kids. Some of the best toys I've gotten the boys were party store "goody bag" finds (inflatable lightsabers, Star Wars finger puppets, Cars slinkies). And they don't cost much either. I got the birthday boy several fun light-up bouncy balls and assorted toys today and spent less than $20.

And Crush and I had a blast playing with the various toys like children.

I heart Fridays!!

3 comments:

  1. Friday...I liked that movie too!

    Oh...your Fridays! Whoever starts a Friday with a nap has it all figured out.

    I'm glad you guys had a good day. Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come crash your Friday sometime? That sounds alot better than my Fridays, ever!

    I like the shopping tip. Have to check out party city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Picky,

    I pretty sure the rules of blogging say you must post more than once a month!

    GS

    ReplyDelete